Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Worst daughter ever.

I called my Mom today to wish her a happy birthday, making this the twelfth straight year that I've forgotten my Dad's birthday then felt so guilty about it that I remember my Mom's six days later.

I suck.

It's not as if I didn't know it was coming. On November 11, I thought to myself, "Hmm--I need to remember to call Dad tomorrow." On November 13, I was on the phone with my Mom when she said "Did you call your father yesterday?"

#$%@!

In other news, today was the first Reading Is Fundamental book distribution of the year. The students had a blast, and I am now so tired I can hardly hold my head up.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

When I was pregnant with Oscar, my anatomy scan was the day of her birthday. I called her, all excited about the scan, but completely forgot to wish her a happy birthday. For three days.