Thursday, March 23, 2006

Driving in DC sucks!

So I had a meeting today at the Willard Intercontinental Hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue. It's a gorgeous building, and it meant free breakfast, so it was awesome. Until...

First of all, parking in the hotel garage--for 4 hours--was $20. Even in DC that's a little excessive, don't you think? You can park cheaper at the airport.

And then, I come up out of the parking garage and there are fire trucks and police on both ends of the street, blocking it...and blocking me in. I got so flustered trying to get out of there that I went from the hotel to Olney via NY Ave./295.

And I haven't been able to find any news on what caused it, which probably means that some dignitary or another was arriving or leaving and they shut down the street for them. Welcome to DC, where "I got stuck behind a motorcade" is a valid excuse for being late to work.

No comments: